Monday, May 23, 2011

Hello! Miss

Rating: *****

Genre: Comedy, Romance
Episodes: 16
Cast: Ha Suk Jin, Lee Da Hae, Lee Ji Hoon, Yun Mi Joo, Ryan

"Lee Soo Ha, 38th granddaughter of the Jae Ahn Lee clan and owner of the clan manor Hwa Ahn Dang, is trying to save the place from going bankrupt. Hwang Dong Gyu, oldest grandson of the president of TOP Group, is trying to buy Hwa Ahn Dang because his grandfather, who was once a servant at the manor, cannot rest in peace unless he spends his last days in Hwa Ahn Dang's master suite. Hwang Chan Min, Dong Gyu's playboy cousin, is his rival in business and love. Enter Seo Hwa Ran, a model who has a secret history with and a secret plan for Hwa Ahn Dang (and Chan Min), and Lee Joon Yong, Soo Ha's brother and Chan Min's friend who can't forget a girl from Hwa Ahn Dang he knew when he was a kid... This drama is adapted from the novel, "Kimchi Mandu."

I've tried to watch this drama several times, but the first episode was so boring that I could never get through it even though so many people have said what a wonderful drama this is.  I finally got around to watching this recently, though, and I have to say that I absolutely love it!  The female lead is hilarious as Lee Soo Ha.  The facial expressions she gives on camera are priceless.  I think I would watch this over and over again just to see her expressions.


I think the reason I like this the best, other than the comedy, is the simple fact that it isn't as cliche as most Korean dramas.  The lead male character isn't a cold rich guy who treats the main girl like dirt.  I can finally watch a drama without having to see a female character get continually spat on by the male lead.  I really hate it when they make the female take crap from the male and she still falls for him.  It makes me want to murder the writer.


All in all, this is a wonderful little drama to check out if you ever have time.

No comments: